I love being a mom. It’s been very rewarding on so many levels. But let’s talk about “mommy brain”. Dang. It hit me so hard this year. I tend to forget things so quickly, sometimes even in the middle of doing it. And it’s all new, according to other moms. And it gets worse, according to other moms. Yikes! Ever get out and realize you forgot something important? That’s the worse. Especially during flu season, or when your child is sick, or you absolutely need the item you don’t have. Whether you’re a brand new mommy of one, or you have 5 littles running around wild, remembering the essentials is key to staying healthy. Parenting is hard enough, I’ll spare you the sanity, moms!
So I’ve compiled a list of 5 must-haves in every mom’s bag this Winter. I always say, it’s better to have something and not need it than to need something and not have it. You’re welcome!
1) Chapstick – some type of baby-safe, all natural chapstick. Avoid those moments when you’re out in public and notice yours or your baby’s lips are cracked and chapped. Smile more with any baby-safe moisturizing lip balm, I personally like EOS and Honest Company. It’s smooth, smells great, and the Honest company chapstick is safe enough for mommy and baby’s lovely lips!
2) Throat Spray – With cold and the flu season comes runny noses and coughs that make throats raw and sore. Chloraseptic® is the # 1 sore throat relief brand that provides fast-acting relief for sore throats and mouth pain to help you get through your day. I will always buy the Cherry flavor, it’s delicious! Much more tastier than cough syrup. And you’re in luck! Here’s a coupon for all you smart shopping mommies!
3) Mini First Aid Kit – These are available at Target and Walmart, for just a few bucks. They include some triple antibiotic ointment, a few cleansing wipes, several band aids, and a couple of Q-tips. The essentials! It’s not heavy and will not weigh down your purse, and comes in handy when one of your loved ones accidentally scrapes his/her knees while you’re out one day!
4) Hand Sanitizer – Moms everywhere are raving about hand sanitizer! It’s certainly an essential and it comes in mini purse-sized or pocket-sized bottles, and comes in the form of sprays, lotions, wipes, and gel. I personally like Bath and Body Works’ brands because they smell so good and come in fun little bottles that fit into my pocket if I want to leave my purse in the trunk while I’m out. They are easily accessible and germs are blasted within a matter of seconds!
5) Pocket Tissues – I bought a mini pack of Kleenex tissues at Dollar Tree a few weeks ago, they’re also available at Walmart, target, etc. and have different names. You can easily slip a pack into your purse and have them readily available, especially since runny noses can hit at any moment. I personally like Puff’s brand, it’s very soft and doesn’t leave my nose feeling dry.
Having these essentials is key to having a healthy Winter. And remember to wash your hands often. Washing your hands with soap and water is the best way to prevent the spread of the common cold. Germs are definitely not a kid’s or mommy’s best friend. Also, another key to preventing illness is by practicing healthy habits. Make sure to get enough sleep, eat a balanced, nutritious diet, exercise, and minimize stress. And with these 5 items in your bag at all times, you’ll be ready for just about any storm that hits! You go, mom!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data03/17/2670817/html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273