The Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite restaurants. Their dishes always seem so perfectly well thought-out, with the perfect mix of textures and flavors. Chicken Madeira is one of those perfect dishes, and isn’t one of their most popular for no reason. It is also perfect for entertaining guests, served with a side of mashed potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 asparagus spears
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella (You can save money getting it from Costco!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups Madeira wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Tip: If you don’t like using wine in your cooking, you can achieve a very satisfyingly similar flavor by mixing grape juice with balsamic vinegar to replace the wine. (2 1/2 C juice, 1/2 C balsamic vinegar)
- Cover chicken breast with plastic wrap; pound to 3/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle each filet with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute fillets 4-6 minutes per side until done and browned just a bit.
- Remove from pan and wrap in foil to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- In chicken pan add olive oil and sliced mushrooms; saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add Madeira wine, beef stock, butter, and pepper.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes until reduced to about ½ original volume. When sauce is done it will be a bit thicker, and brown.
- While sauce is reducing, bring a pan of water to boil.
- Add salt to water at boil; blanch asparagus (3-5 minutes). Drop asparagus in ice water to stop cooking.
- Set oven to broil.
- In baking dish arrange chicken, cross 4 asparagus stems over each piece of chicken and top with 2 slices of cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts.
- Put chicken on plate.
- To serve, top with 3-4 tablespoons sauce on each piece.
recipe adapted from ChefPablos.com
To see more recipes by Natalie, visit BreakfastAtNatalies.com
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data03/17/2670817/html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273