Choose your venom. Wait – Soda is made of what??
Many people have a false idea that drinking soda is just like drinking water and they get addicted to it, and substitute it FOR water.
Watch out! There are poisons in these drinks that are harmful!
Seriously, there’s a lot of toxic, lethal substances in soda. Of course, the primary ingredient is water, “carbonated water,” but its a sure way to age faster, gain weight, and have many harmful effects on your entire body.
Poison number 1. Phosphoric Acid Interferes with your body’s ability to use calcium.
Poison 2. Sugar increases insulin levels which can lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
Poison 3. Aspartame is used in a lot of Juices too (Crystal Lite)! Its used as a sugar substitute in diet soda. There are over 50 harmful effects including brain tumors, birth defects and seizures.
Poison 4. Caffeine can cause insomnia, high blood pressure, and irregular heartbeat, vitamin and mineral depletion, breast lumps and birth defects! And it is an addictive substance that your body will start relying on, and once you stop consuming soda for a short period of time, you will have headaches and extreme tiredness and weakness.
The Average American drinks around 56 gallons of soft drinks a year.
ABC news comes out with details of what soda really does to you.
“Glucose Hits the Bloodstream, Fructose Hits the Liver”
When you buy a soda, it is mostly water. However, you are getting around 45 percent glucose and 55 percent fructose in there! Another way to call this is empty calories. Glucose (usually corn syrup) goes through the bloodstream and your pancreas starts to make insulin which is necessary to balance the sugar rush.
The glucose is then quickly turned into energy (fructose) and is likely to turn into fat.
Can 1 soda really be bad for your health?
ABC news did a study on soft drinks. Dr. Mark Schutta says: “One Drink, in isolation, probably not. Its the effect of repeated consumption that is most detrimental”.
Save your health and money, stop drinking poison and enjoy your life! It will save you in the long run! Choose 100% juice, or even make some lemonade or have some milk! There are so many alternatives to soda. It makes your bones weaker, rots your teeth, and is hard on your health.
PLUS: Eight Reasons to Avoid Drinking Soda and soft drinks: (provided by wellnessmama.com)
- A single can of soda contains the equivalent of 10 teaspoons of sugar. This amount of sugar, especially in liquid form, skyrockets the blood sugar and causes an insulin reaction in the body. Over time, this can lead to diabetes or insulin resistance, not to mention weight gain and other health problems. Soft drink companies are the largest user of sugar in the country.
- Soda contains phosphoric acid, which interferes with the body’s ability to absorb calcium and can lead to osteoporosis, cavities and bone softening. Phosphoric Acid also interacts with stomach acid, slowing digestion and blocking nutrient absorption.
- The water used in soda is just simple tap water and can contain chemicals like chlorine, fluoride and traces of heavy metals.
- Harvard researchers have recently positively linked soft drinks to obesity. The study found that 12 year olds who drank soda were more likely to be obese than those who didn’t, and for each serving of soda consumed daily, the risk of obesity increased 1.6 times.
- Sodas contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, which obviously comes from corn. Most of this corn has been genetically modified, and there are no long term studies showing the safety of genetically modified crops, as genetic modification of crops has only been around since the 1990s. Also, the process of making High Fructose Corn Syrup involves traces of mercury, which causes a variety of long term health problems.
- There is absolutely no nutritional value in soda whatsoever. Not only are there many harmful effects of soda, but there are not even any positive benefits to outweigh them. Soda is an unnatural substance that harms the body.
- Because of the high sugar, sodium and caffeine content in soda, it dehydrates the body and over a long period of time can cause chronic dehydration.
- Drinking soda regularly causes plaque to build up on the teeth and can lead to cavities and gum disease.
So the next time you grab the EXTRA LARGE JUMBO DIET COKE, remember these facts and see if it’s really worth living a shorter, more miserable life.
ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/WN/soda-
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data03/17/2670817/html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273