Many people are wondering if ItWorks Hair Skin Nails supplement really makes hair grow longer. There are no reviews online that I could find, which would’ve been helpful before I made my purchase. There’s that weird wrap thingy that everyone’s talking about, which I have not tried, but after seeing hair images like these:
I had to find out for myself whether the ItWorks products worked or not! So I bought a batch of my own! Here’s what ItWorks claims on their “Hair Skin Nails” supplement bottle (which has not been evaluated by the FDA, meaning it’s not guaranteed to work for everyone).
- Boosts your natural collagen and keratin production
- Supports the body’s defenses against free radical damage
- Moisturizes while enhancing skin’s elasticity and flexibility
- Promotes healthy cell growth, strength, and shine
And here’s what I thought about it after trying it for some time. We’ll start with the cons:
- This product is not sold in stores. You have to order it online or through an ItWorks distributor, which can be hard if you’re not up for a pyramid-scheme sales pitch.
- It’s a little pricey, at $33/bottle of pills for a month’s supply (60 pills)
- The pills are kind of thick and hard to swallow.
- They smell like dog food.
- I was not told that I was signing up for a 3-month contract, and if I cancel it, I’d have to pay a $50 re-stocking fee, which is stupid.
- The images that they show online of people’s results seem really skeptical.
- My nails didn’t feel any different, they normally grow long.
- Couldn’t tell if my skin stopped breaking out, I’ve gotten so used to it LOL.
- The pills don’t have that nasty vitamin B taste, there’s more of a peppermint-oil taste to them. Loved that.
- Once I ran out of my first bottle, another automatically shipped and was at my home just in time.
- I took the supplements during Wintertime, and didn’t catch any colds, so I guess I can say that’s a good thing!
- Although I didn’t receive the results that I wanted, it did work to an extent.
This brings me to my final results. I took the Hair Skin Nails supplements for a little over a month, and jotted down my hair length measurements before I started taking them, and after 3 weeks, and here’s my results:
BEFORE: Measurement taken: 2/22/2014
Hair length (straightened): 21″ from top of head, 14″ from bottom of ears.
AFTER: Measurement taken: 3/16/14 (exactly 3 weeks later)
Hair length total: 22 inches
Length from bottom of ears: 15.5 inches.
Total growth from ears: 1.5 inches
Total length growth: 1 inch
So for anyone who’s wondering if this product works, I would say YES. I’ve heard that average hair growth is about half an inch every month. It is a little pricey, but the fact that my hair grew 1 1/2 inches in just 3 weeks is MAJOR progress in my case, especially since I am biracial and have mixed type hair. Therefore, with all the pro’s outweighing the cons, I would totally recommend this product!
*For a non-subscription product, Amazon sells “It Works! Hair Skin Nails” also! No 3-month contract required. #Win.
I tell my friends to order theirs on Amazon. That way you can purchase ONE package of it, try it out, and decide whether you want to continue buying more or not!
It Works! Hair Skin Nails Nourishing Complex Dietary Supplement – 60 Tablets
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data03/17/2670817/html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273