I came across the idea of making breakfast bars on Pinterest (where all amazing ideas come from) and decided to make my own! These breakfast bars were easy to make, gluten free, have very little sugar in them (2 tablespoons of brown sugar for 35 bars), and can be frozen after they’re baked and saved for later! I made a few different variations to my bars, including chocolate chip, plain, cinnamon raisin, brown sugar and apple, walnut raisin, and blueberry. The possibilities are literally limitless.
One batch made 35 bars, baked into cupcake liners. I also added a scoop of Super Seed to my batter before baking them (there are TONS of benefits to eating Super Seed, you can purchase it on amazon here). –> Garden of Life Super Seed, 600g Powder on Amazon
Super Seed is a combination of flax, chia, hemp, and other healthy legumes, grains, and seeds that provide plenty of fiber and many other health benefits. I like to hide it in all the cookies and brownies I make, no one ever notices them!
Here are a few suggestions of toppings/ mix-ins you could use:
- Cinnamon raisin
- brown sugar walnut
- Chocolate chip
- Craisin and raisin
- Craisin white chocolate chip
- Blueberry banana
- Cherry chocolate chip
- Walnut raisin
- Pistacio and sunflower seed
And heres’s the moment you’ve been waiting for, the recipe!
Make Ahead Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup or 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1 scoop Super Seed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and Stevia together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Finally pour in milk and combine.
- Spray a 12 and 6 capacity muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
- If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter.
- Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.
*Recipe adapted from Sugarfreemom.com
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data03/17/2670817/html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273