I am a full believer in healthy eating. I want to share one of my recipes with everyone. Hope this Sunday finds you happy, healthy, and staying fit! 80% nutrition + 20% fitness = 100% success!
Love to all! XOXO
Savory Shrimp Scampi
Try this healthy version of classic shrimp scampi.
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Yield: 2 servings
3 oz. dry whole wheat pasta
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided use
8 oz. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ cup low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. white wine
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Crushed red pepper (to taste; optional)
3 fresh parsley sprigs, finely chopped
2 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain; set aside.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and firm. Remove shrimp from pan. Set aside.
5. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
6. Add lemon juice, broth, wine, black pepper, and red pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Add shrimp, parsley, and basil; cook until heated through.
8. Divide pasta between 2 plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving)
Body Beast Portions (per serving)
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data03/17/2670817/html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273